1. An E.A licence is required by law.
2. Any closed season shall be at the committee’s discretion.
3. Keep nets allowed at the committee’s discretion.
4. Every angler must be in possession of a landing net.
5. Any angler found without a landing net will be told to leave the water.
6. Fishing is allowed only from permanent pegs.
7. Angler must not damage the banks, walls or trees.
8. Rowley, Walverden and Foulridge can be fished all year round with upto 3 rods, All must be alarmed, on a pod and from one peg only.
9. Each Angler is responsible for removal from the fishery of all litter, line, shot and hooks from the area used.
10. Spinning and dead baiting using sea fish baits is allowed.
11. Live and dead baiting using coarse fish is strictly prohibited at Rowley lake, Lowerhouse Lodge, Walverden and Foulridge Reservoirs.
12. Members card, Night membership card and Night Ticket must be shown upon request to an official club bailiff or a full club member on production of their ID card.
13. Failure to comply with 12 above may involve one or more of the following
a) liable to purchase a day ticket if in the day period
b) asked to leave
c)reported to the committee
14. Tents, camping and the lighting of fires or barbecues is strictly prohibited.
15. Night fishing is allowed for members who have purchased the additional night fishing member’s card. Show your membership card at Macks Angling Centre to purchase the card. The night fishing member card can be reused annually at no cost providing no action has been taken against the member by the committee.
16. No fly fishing allowed (except of river Calder).
17. No coarse fish to be removed from the fisheries. Except for Pike at the anglers discretion up to a maximum weight of 5lb.
18. Trout may be taken in accordance with E.A. rules.
19. All Bait tins are strictly prohibited on the bankside.
20. The use of firearms is strictly prohibited
21. The committee may close the waters at their own discretion.
22. No boating or remote control boats allowed. With the exception of bait boats at Rowley Lake, Walverden and Foulridge Reservoirs.
23. No alcohol allowed on any water.
24. All members must obtain a night ticket before night fishing on any club water where it is allowed.
25. Children under the age of sixteen must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
26. No fish over 5lb and no Carp of any weight allowed in keepnets except in club matches.
27. Unhooking of fish must not be carried out laid on concrete or rough stony ground, unless suitably protected i.e unhooking mat etc.
28 To book on and get a night ticket both memberships must be shown at one of the following shops to fish at Rowley,Walverden or Foulridge Reservoirs. Consecutive night fishing is allowed but booking multiple consecutive weeks is not allowed. The shops are:
Macks Angling Centre
Padiham Angling Centre
The complete Fisherman, Colne
Heaps of Tackle, Barnoldswick
29. If either of the two members cards require replacement, it must be obtained from the shop of origin at a cost of £4
30. Juveniles under 12 years of age fishing with an adult member can fish for free. Maximum of two juveniles per adult member.
31.Juveniles under 12 years of age fishing with a non-member adult must purchased a juvenile day ticket.Max of 2 Juveniles per non member adult
32. A non-paying juvenile under 12 years of age (ref rule 30) MUST forfeit his/her peg if a member wishes to fish. This can only take place if there is no peg available for the member to use.
33. A Paying Juvenile under 12 years of age (ref rule 31) does not have to forfeit his/her peg.
34. All juveniles (ref rule 30/31 ) must fish within a 4 peg radius of the responsible adult. (ref rule 25) and may only use ONE rod.
35. No keep nets allowed from Dusk until Dawn.
36. No fixed lead or Feeder rigs allowed, They must be free running. No elasticated method feeders allowed but in line types are allowed.
37. Hook and rig checks can be carried out at any time by any club official.
38.The committee empowers all its bailiffs to instruct an angler to leave the fishery or its immediate surrounding area for contravening any of the club rules and if necessary the police will be called.
39. Walverden members car park.A key for the barrier lock can be obtained from macks angling centre, Show your membership card and pay a £10 deposit which is refundable on return of the key after each fishing session in any one week period.
40. Pike fishing- Minimum line breaking strain 12lb, Semi barbless trebles only!
41. Occupying a peg before dawn is prohibited unless you have booked on and have the night ticket.
42. Anyone found using a membership card not belonging to them will be barred from all club waters. The member whose card it is will be asked to attend a committee hearing.
All other rules apply as well as these Extra rules for LOWERHOUSE only
1. Barbless hooks only, maximum size 6.
2. No spinning on Lowerhouse.
3. Ground bait to be introduced via pole cup or feeder only.
4. To book on to get a night ticket both membership cards must be shown at macks angling centre.
5. Monday to Thursday consecutive night fishing allowed
6. A maximum of 6 members allowed per night only.
7. Only members with a valid night ticket are allowed to stay overnight ie dusk till dawn.
8. Only one of these nights can be fished: Thursday, Friday, Saturday. No booking Sat and Sun together.
9. Booking multiple night tickets for consecutive weeks is not allowed, Only one week can be booked at a time.
10. When the night ticket holder member finishes fishing at any period and leaves the lodge, the bivvy must be removed at the same time and not left to return to, or for others to use.
11. Members may use 2 rods at any one time from Nov 1st to Feb 28th but only dusk till dawn between 1st March and 31st Oct.The second rod must be on an audible alarm
12. No floating Baits.